Friday, May 11, 2012

Count Your Blessings

I don't have any updates on Ryan's condition, but I do have a few words I'd like to share with anyone reading the blog.  Tonight, if you don't mind, I'd like to offer a few thoughts I had as we visited with Ryan's family and caretakers at Primary Children's.

This week at the hospital, they're celebrating Nurses week.  I imagine the Nursing job description allows them to provide comfort to those who stand in need of comfort and to be angels among us.  Today, I got the opportunity to stand for a time amongst the angels who are watching over Ryan.  His caregivers at the hospital along with his family and friends are outstanding in caring for Ryan and providing the support and comfort he and his family need at this critical time.

When I arrived home tonight, and held our two month old son in my arms, I wondered what trials he might have to face and my heart reaches out to the Lott family.  I hope we can count the many blessings we have been given in our lives and then act to help the lives of others who may need a little help.

If you haven't read the posting about the fundraisers below, please take a look and if you feel so inclined, please donate.  We should have something online soon as well, especially for those who will not be able to attend.

Thanks again,
Luke


6 comments:

  1. hi! this is mekena phillips. i am one of ryans really good friends. i have been since 6th grade. you might know my grandma, laverna gray? well i just want to let you and your family know that ryan will always be in my prayers. he is always making me laugh and he just makes my day most of the time. i love ryan. he has such a bright spirit everyday that i have known him. i know that heavenly father is just testing to see how strong he is. ryan will be better in no time, i can tell you that right now. i pray for him every night and morning. he is always on my mind and i am going to do everything i can to help your family out. you are such a strong family. all of our prayers are helping. heavenly father is going to be right by his side no matter what the situation. you guys are probably the strongest family i know. stay strong (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mekena, thank you for your faith, your prayers and your love.

      Delete
  2. Hey this is Lizzy.I know this is hard to live not knowing what will happen to Ryan. I know that he Is strong and that this just an obstacle in his and all of your lives.I am in Ryan's advisory class.It is hard every day not seeing him at school. I have the feeling that I know that Ryan is going to be okay.He is always on my mind. He is always in my prayers. The other day in choir we sang the Climb.(Hannah Montana Movie) I listen to the lyrics and they ares so true.
    Love you all be strong.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mike and Catherine,
    Paul and I just heard about Ryan this morning. As I have read through your blog my heart was saddened but at the same time I have more gratitude to my Savior for his atoning sacrifice in which we are all benefactors. My heart breaks for you. I am so sad you are having to go through such a difficult trial today. Our love and prayers are with you and your sweet family. I am ever grateful we are going to be with our families eternally and trials such as this you are going through takes some of the bitterness out. Again, we love you and are praying for you at this difficult time. Paul & Debbie Widdison

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rya was such an amazing kid. He always made us laugh! Your family is so very strong. Ryan has been in my thoughts and prayers everyday. If he does return to our Heavenly Father he will be missed and we will be grateful that we were blessed for a short time with an amazing, loving person. My heart goes out to you and your family. We love you Ryan!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mile and Catherine:
    I am so very blessed to know your family and read of the love and support you are given. I know heavenly Fathers takes the very best home early. I can still hear little Adam one Sunday in Sacrament Meeting when Ryan was passing the sacrament. "Hi Ryan, Hey its Ryan" Ever the loving big brother, he smiled and did a tiny wave to his little brother. What an example. You are some of my favorite people.My love and prayers are with you now and always. LaVerna Gray

    ReplyDelete