Thursday, April 14, 2016

Lotts more memories made...




Happy 18th B-day Ryan !!!!!






















































The pinewood derby was the night of Ryan's 18th bday.  This made for a fun evening for us and brought back fun memories of derbys of years ago.  Below is a picture of Ryan at one of his derbys and he was roughly the age that Adam is now.







Adam was so excited to build his car.  He took 4th place.  We were thrilled that he did much better than last year.  He had been so disappointed last year that he didn't win any races.


















Ryan


We love you sooo much Ryan.  This would have been an exciting time in your life.  You would be graduating from high school shortly and waiting for your mission call.  But you had more important things to do and are where our Father in Heaven needs you.  We miss you more than words can describe.  We patiently wait to be reunited with you again some day and in the meantime try and live our lives to be worthy to be with you again some day.  I am so thankful for the love of my Savior and that he continues to carry us and comfort us in our times of need.  Ryan, you are doing amazing and important things beyond the veil and someday I can't wait to learn about them.  I am so blessed to have had you in my home for 14 wonderful years.  And even more so, I am so blessed to have the opportunity to have you with me someday forever.  It's a hard journey at times, but is well worth the sacrifices.  I love you my son.  Happy birthday as you celebrate in heaven.









Ethan is so silly.  He was pretending to read this letter from Alex with his reading glasses.  He also told me he was being a dad with his baby by him.  He's so sweet.  Anyways,  I bought the glasses a few months ago from the Dollar Store because he was saying he couldn't see very well.  Finally after wearing them for a few hours he caved and told me they hurt his eyes and he could see fine without them.  He had just thought it was cool to wear glasses.  Once in awhile he still puts them on for fun.  He looks so cute in them.  I have tried them on.  They age me about 40 years.  I will pass until I really need them.







 Spring is here and the yard work begins.  Fun times.  We will make sure to save all the extra hard work for when Alex is back.  JK  Even though really we are not joking.  JK







Great weather for another cookout









 We enjoy attending the rodeo at the Golden Spike arena in Ogden.  I pulled out this hat I have had for years and Mike convinced me to wear it.  The boys wore their hats as well.  We had a nice evening, especially eating the yummy consessions.  At one point the boys went down in the arena with about 100 other kids for a chicken run to see who could catch a few loose chickens the fastest for a prize.  Ethan was disappointed he didn't win, eventhough the odds weren't in his favor due to there only being about 5 chickens let go and a 100 kids chasing them.  It was fun to watch though.







We enjoyed helping at the annual Hooper City Easter Egg Hunt.  Jaime was the bunny again this year.
 March 26, 2016

We got the family season passes to Lagoon this year for Christmas.  The kids were all so excited to go.  Ethan hasn't been since he was almost two.  He was so excited to ride the white roller coaster.  Let's just say it didn't go well.  It started going and he got a look of terror on his face.  He was so scared no tears were able to come.  It broke my heart.  I guess we need to work him into the big rides.  So I hit the kiddie land with him and Mike went on all the big rides with Jaime and Adam.  By the end of the day Ethan had gone on a few minor roller coasters and was being more brave.  But I think it will still be a while before we attempt any of the big ones again.











 3-16-16










Silly Adam really wanted the Tooth Fairy to come so he tied a piece of floss to our end table to try and pull his tooth out.  He didn't succeed.  But gave it a valiant effort.  I have even caught him trying to pry it out with pliers or a butter knife.   Of course I had to strongly discourage both of these ideas.
 March 25, 2016








Fun at Kangaroo Zoo with cousins
 March 30, 2016











Spring Break in LA
The weather wasn't the greatest but it didn't stop the boys from hitting the waves.  They had so much fun.  Mike even was brave and got in.  I happily watched from the dry sand wrapped up in blankets.




Adam and Ethan had fun building sand castles.  They boys would then try and stop the waves from knocking over the sand mounds.  It was actually pretty funny to watch them try and block the waves in various ways.  Ethan even tried blowing it away.  Logically they should have just started building them a few feet further away from the water, but I think it became a quest for them to beat the waves.  Of course they didn't have much success, but they had fun trying as they worked together.





 Jaime didn't brave the water like her brothers did.  She did get creative and make this hand print out of shells she had collected.























Newport Beach Temple












 Fun at the pool.  The pool was much warmer than the ocean so Jaime joined in the fun.  I enjoyed the hot tub.







Spring is here and you know what that means.....
 time to catch frogs in the yard.

April 12, 2016

We love you Ryan.  You are always in our hearts.








Happy 10th B-day Adam !!!

































Hey you are now the same age as me!!!





No comments:

Post a Comment