Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Lotts of stuff going on

I saw this and couldn't resist taking a picture


Poor Alex is missing out on all the yard work
Adam is proud to take on the role of the oldest son at home.  He was so proud to help his dad.  I was very surprised he could lift it.


Ethan had fun racing leaves as I watered the newly planted corn seeds.


The boys proudly showing Mike their football card collections.


In April I went on a field trip with Adam to the planetarium in Salt Lake.  We rode the front runner from Roy.  We had a fun day together.  It's crazy I remember doing this same field trip with Jaime five years ago.  Where does the time go ??



At the pinewood derby Adam took first place for paint job.  Way to go bud !!! 



 I went on a field trip with Ethan to the Dinosaur Park in Ogden.  What an adventure it was !!!!



This is one of many reasons why fishing shouldn't be allowed indoors.  Ethan got the line stuck in our chandelier in our entry way.  Luckily it was an easy fix.  I cut the line and gravity kicked in.





Chillin with the boys. 
 
 To bad Ethan fell asleep before the movie even started.  He plays hard all day and can't stay awake once he sits still for a minute.




Adam was one of a few 3rd graders to participate in a multi-school competition.  He and his partner took 2nd place for an activity called pentominoes.  It's sort of like Tetris and it's a race.








May 11, 2015
 We went to the Payson Temple open house.  It was so beautiful.
May 12, 2015
We love and miss you so much Ryan.  I can't believe it has been three years.  It has gone by so quickly and yet seems like an eternity at the same time.  I know we continue to receive peace and comfort from above to continue on.  I know we will be with you again someday.  I am so thankful that families can be together forever.  I trust in my Heavenly Father's loving plan, even though it is not always easy.  He knows what's best for his children and I know he loves me and sent his son to carry my pains and sadness and to make it possible to return to be with him someday and with all those we love.  The Plan of Happiness is wonderful.  I am so thankful for my knowledge of the gospel.  I am thankful for the scriptures, temples, modern day prophets, my family and especially for my Savior.  I know that by following him I will be blessed and given the strength to endure all. 


We headed to Salt Lake for the day and ate at Tucano's.  The boys had so much fun stuffing their faces with endless meat.  It was pretty funny.  Boy can they pack it down.  Ethan was brave and tried a chicken heart.

After lunch we spent the day at the zoo.  We had a very nice day together.  Thank you for all those who remembered us on this difficult day.  It really means more than you will ever know.




I recently read this in the Ensign.  What a wonderful promise.  I am so thankful Ryan is still near us even though we can't see him.





Jaime's new glasses. 
 It was so funny to see her reaction when she could finally see things at a distance.   
  


Jaime and I had riding lessons together a few weeks ago.  It was a lot of fun and I have to admit I was happy my horse was listening to me and hers wasn't and so she wasn't able to show me up.






 My niece who is on a mission in NYC recently sent this in an email.  It was very inspiring and so I wanted to share.








Cute little Adam
He participated in a game at school where the kids do a relay race to dress up someone in all these silly clothes.  It was so funny and the boys had the best time of all.  I have a bunch of pictures of his friends to use as blackmail when they are teenagers.






After my riding lessons I led Ethan around the pasture.  He had so much fun.  He kept asking me what I did to make the horse go fast.  Of course, I didn't tell him as he would have done it and the horse would have taken him for a joy ride.  He also wanted me to make sure I took a video of him on the horse so Adam got to see the horse walking around with him.  He wanted Adam to see that he did more than just sit on it.  He cracks me up. 




This is the reason I have asked the kids not to ride their bikes down the stairs.  Thank goodness Ethan didn't get hurt.  I'm guessing he didn't learn his lesson and will attempt it again. 




a group selfie
 


Memorial Day Sunday
Remembering Ryan

 we played games and had treats


We have so much to be thankful for !!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I can seriously never make it through one of your blog posts without laughing, crying and being in awe! You are amazing and your family is amazing and I love you and I love reading everything you are up to!!! I love reading Alex's letters!!! I love you LOTTS!!!!

    ReplyDelete