Tuesday, May 15, 2012

How to help a friend who is grieving

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2KrueyvIY&feature=email

I just received this in an email from a good friend. I believe it is timely advice - and the video may be helpful to those of us who don't know what to say or do now. My husband (Michael's father) passed away many years ago. Most people were kind and compassionate - and I appreciated that so much. I also remember close friends who ignored me and my children, and pretended everything was still normal. Being ignored hurts more than anything. Watching this video may be helpful for those who don't know what to say or do to let the Lott family know you care. I think the biggest thing is to just do something! Sympathy cards with heartfelt messages will be read over and over. Just be kind, and be there. After a couple of weeks are up, there is a tendency to forget those who are grieving. Their lives will never be the same again. A little compassion and caring will never be forgotten, and will always be appreciated.

My heart is touched by the love and caring I have seen given to Michael and Catherine and their family. They live in a great ward and have wonderful neighbors and friends. You can see by the count on this blog how many people care about them. Saying thank you can never be enough for everyone's concern and help. From this mother and grandmother's heart, please accept my sincere thanks!

Love and hugs,

Grandma Jeri

(My grandchildren call me Grandma Jeri)

1 comment:

  1. So nicely said Jeri, your family is so eloquent with words. Thinking of you guys

    ReplyDelete